Friday, June 6, 2008

McKensie Meets Her Idols


McKensie is a huge soccer buff (she's one serious goalie girl!), and she was able to attend BYU soccer camp this year. For the last few years, Erika Woodburry has been the goalie on the womens team at BYU, and McKensie is her #1 fan. We have pictures, she has printed off articles about her, etc...basically she is one sheet shy of being a obsessed with her. Well, Erika graduated this year and Aleena (sp?) is now the head goalie, which just gives Kensie one more person to worship when it comes to soccer. Little did McKensie realize that they would BOTH be there through the entire camp this year! I'm sure they thought she was a stalker, as she brought them cookies, asked for tips, and probably spent more time picking their brain for goalie tips than anyone else there. When McKensie told Erika everything she knew about her, I'm sure she was a little surprised, but they were both kind enough to spend extra time with her and teach her a lot. She's VERY excited because next year she will be old enough to attend goalie camp overnight. I don't know if I'm ready for that or not, but McKensie is counting down the days until camp next year!
On another note, I've been sick all week, and it is getting in the way of my training for my 1/2 marathon in August. I HATE being sick! The docs put me on a couple of different meds today that will hopefully get me better in time for a good old run on Monday. I never thought I'd say that I miss my runs, but I MISS MY RUNS!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Kenz-
This sounds like such fun. You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather Rockwood

claire said...

Doug's a goalie too, and he loves it. I'm impressed with both of you, a half-marathon! Where are you doing it? How far are you running now? Hope you feel better soon!

Tiffany said...

Hi Claire!

I'm running the Hobble Creek Half in August. It's in Springville, and I'm up to 6 miles, but I'm increasing it weekly. Fun stuff. Are you running?