I love the idea of the new year, and starting fresh. I'm always mulling ideas of things I want to work on, and it is fun to think that I can actually change something that I need to. However, let's be honest....how many people actually change anything? Is it really possible to change?? The optimist in me says that it is, so once again I came up with 3 things that I want to focus on for the next 12 weeks. I even started the Monday before New Years, just so I could have a complete week under my belt (am I neurotic or what?!). I decided to follow my friend Sara's lead, in using a 12 week calendar. The calendar is based on the idea that you cross off each day that you stick to the goals, thus creating a chain - that you won't want to break. It really does work. The goals I've decided to work on are these:
1. Exercise everyday (except Sunday)
2. Journal everything I eat (make myself accountable)
3. Read my scriptures and have meaningful, daily prayer
I've been doing these things for a week, and so far I have realized that it is no wonder I haven't been losing any weight with what I've been eating. Seriously, I've got to clean it up a lot. I think I've been living under the idea that if I don't write it down, I didn't really eat it - but my rear end shows that I did! Wow. I've also realized that if I wait until after 9 p.m. to read my scriptures, my eyes can read the words, but my brain doesn't comprehend them. In addition, my prayers are far from meaningful. This leads to my next quest, which is to figure out a time and place where I can fit it all in. I know I need to, and I truly want to. I don't want to just read & pray because I should, so I cram it into a few rushed minutes just to cross it off the chart. I figure if the desire is there, and I keep searching, I will figure out what works for me, right now in my situation. It will come.
School starts again tomorrow. I will hopefully get some pics of the kids and our holiday happenings on here before next Christmas. We had a great time, and did a lot of fun things together. Those great memories were sandwiched in between Kathryn breaking her leg, our kitchen pipes breaking, and the stomach flu. Fun times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sounds like you have a plan. Great Job? Do you still want to run a half marathon? Just wondering...I'm looking for some motivation.
Hey tiff thx for ur kindness every time we r in town. We did find a jeep! And I did not get sick lol! I hope the kids r better
Would you please email me your mailing address? gregandcarly@gmail.com
Thanks!
Carly
Post a Comment