Thursday, July 10, 2008

A Changing of the Blogs

So, I haven't posted anything new lately, and it is partly due to not knowing what kind of blog I want this to be. When I decided to start a blog, I thought it would be fun to keep my family and friends current on all the things happening in my family. However, as I have been contemplating on what to include in it, I feel like I'm kind of in a dilemma. It seems like this blog could turn into somewhat of a "Christmas card" of sorts - meaning, I only include all of the good things, and it becomes a forum for you seeing all of the wonderful things our "perfect" family does. Those of you who know me, know that I'm not exactly like that. It isn't that I'm a pessimist, because I really am not. However, I also like to look at life as realistically as possible. I love my family dearly, but we're far from perfect. And I LOVE it that way. The mainstream idea of perfection to me is boring and overrated. Actually, my favorite definition of perfection is "being content in the present moment." I can't remember where I got that, but it is something I actively work on. I think often times, we are always looking for the next best thing - never truly being present or content with what we have. My life is not Disneyland, but I like it most days. My husband, who I just celebrated 12 years with, is a great guy who I love dearly, but we do work on having a good marriage. We're both human, and there have been days (and frankly, months) where we have struggled. And that is okay. The first few years of my marriage was perfect in my mind, and then life hit, and I had to deal with that too. I don't think there is anything wrong with putting both sides of life out there - as long as at the end of the day, I can say that I am 100% committed to making this work (and he is too). I feel the same way about life in general. My life isn't perfect, and while I could use some extra $$ (who couldn't), I am actively working at trying to enjoy it (and learn from it) no matter what it brings. I don't want to be one of those women who spend their lives trying to seem perfect, while they are miserable inside. You know who they are, the ones who everyone might even look up to, but once you get to know them, you see that they're unhappy with themselves and their marriages. What a crappy way to live. On the other hand, there are probably women out there that do have a wonderful marriage the majority of the time, and to that I say, congratulations! I think I fall into that category most days too. However, life will come, and it WILL get harder. It's what we're here for.

So, this brings me back to my original question: What kind of blog do I want this to be? I think I've realized that I don't want it to solely be all about my kids and their daily adventures. I think it is going to be a hodgepodge of sorts....a little about my family, a little about my upcoming career (?!), and a little about my fitness journey. For those of you who don't know, I lost 50 pounds several years ago, and I've decided to finally kick it into gear and lose the last 25 (and starting a new job in conjunction with this should be interesting). Finally, this blog will be about my random thoughts about anything and everything, which may or may not be the least bit interesting to the rest of you out in blogville. I guess this means that my blog isn't going to be so much a "family" blog anymore as my own blog. Read at your own risk. :)

6 comments:

Crafty Cowgirl said...

ooo! Your blog looks pretty! And thx for ur compliment on mine...I've been having fun...I have to thank Carly for that cuz she's the one that kept getting after me to update my blog and calling me a blog slacker! Lol! I'm grateful that we all have blogs cuz I can feel close to you even though we are so far away. I love u Tiff!

Carrie said...

So cute Tiffany! I am glad that you found my blog. I know what you mean when you don't know what to put on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Are you saying I'm not perfect? 'Cause I am! Perfectly perfect. I'm one of THEM!

Tiffany said...

Yes, Maureen, you were the EXACT person I was thinking of when I was posting about them.... :). You know you're perfectly perfect, that's what I love about you (well, that and the fact that I know I can kick your fanny any day of the week).

Crafty Cowgirl said...

i like that I can read about you and what you are inside. After all I am ur sister now and I am enjoying getting to know u.... I love having another sister!
I still need to type a few things up and put them on my blog....like my conversion story...that way people can see a little more of me besides my face on picts..lol!

VA on the Bay said...

I came across your blog checking mine - we are Hones too. We live in Australia, I have a daugher (11) and a son (9) and if you have a look at my blog you will see that I agree, life is not always easy, but always worth that extra mile :-) Love reading your thoughts.